posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default How to get Alarm with Raymarine Chart Plooter

Does anyone have a commercial solution for getting an alram out of the
raymaine chartplotters that can actually be heard. I know they sell
the seatlk to nema converter for this purpose, but I am told this will
not sound an alrm for anchor dragging. I bought the shipmodul
multiplxer but unfortunately this does not have switched outputs. Is
there a nema alarm sentence from the raymarine char plotter?

Bob

On Mar 28, 5:56 pm, "Bill Kearney" wrote:
Uh, which model chartplotter? And where did you read it doesn't trigger on
the anchor alarm?

Does anyone have a commercial solution for getting an alram out of the
raymaine chartplotters that can actually be heard. I know they sell
the seatlk to nema converter for this purpose, but I am told this will
not sound an alrm for anchor dragging. I bought the shipmodul
multiplxer but unfortunately this does not have switched outputs. Is
there a nema alarm sentence from the raymarine char plotter?

I have the raychart RL80CRC. I was told if you use the Raymarine
Seatalk to NEMA box it will not trigger a anchor alarm.

Bob

posted to rec.boats.electronics
WBH WBH is offline

There is an option available for the Brookhouse NMEA multiplexer, that
allows testing of any NMEA data value and user-control of 4 signals that
can switch a lights (leds), buzzers or relays.
The following is an excerpt from the documentation:

· Testing of NMEA parameter values and setting or clearing of
externally available control signals. The control signals can be used for
warning lights, alarm buzzers or to drive relays to switch lights or
equipment on/off. There are 4 signals available. NMEA parameter conditions
that can be tested a
(Greater than), (Smaller than) and = (Equal). Signals can be turned on or

off if the condition is "true".

The complete document is he
http://www.brookhouseonline.com/pdf%...nipulation.pdf
If your Raymarine plotter is a C-series or E-series, you may want to have a
look at this:
http://brookhouseonline.com/pdf%20files/Mux_AIS_C.pdf

Wout

oups.com...

The complete document is hehttp://www.brookhouseonline.com/pdf%...ering%20and%20...
If your Raymarine plotter is a C-series or E-series, you may want to have a
look at this:http://brookhouseonline.com/pdf%20files/Mux_AIS_C.pdf

Wout

"rlojmo" wrote in message

oups.com...

Does anyone have a commercial solution for getting an alram out of the
raymaine chartplotters that can actually be heard. I know they sell
the seatlk to nema converter for this purpose, but I am told this will
not sound an alrm for anchor dragging. I bought the shipmodul
multiplxer but unfortunately this does not have switched outputs. Is
there a nema alarm sentence from the raymarine char plotter?

Bob

How do I access the 4 signals, I thought it only had RS-232 for the
output/

posted to rec.boats.electronics
WBH WBH is offline

"rlojmo" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 28, 7:13 pm, "WBH" wrote:
There is an option available for the Brookhouse NMEA multiplexer, that
allows testing of any NMEA data value and user-control of 4 signals that
can switch a lights (leds), buzzers or relays.
The following is an excerpt from the documentation:

· Testing of NMEA parameter values and setting or clearing of
externally available control signals. The control signals can be used for
warning lights, alarm buzzers or to drive relays to switch lights or
equipment on/off. There are 4 signals available. NMEA parameter conditions
that can be tested a (Greater than), (Smaller than) and = (Equal).

Signals can be turned on or

off if the condition is "true".

The complete document is

hehttp://www.brookhouseonline.com/pdf%...ering%20and%20..
..
If your Raymarine plotter is a C-series or E-series, you may want to have

look at this:http://brookhouseonline.com/pdf%20files/Mux_AIS_C.pdf

Wout

"rlojmo" wrote in message

oups.com...

Does anyone have a commercial solution for getting an alram out of the
raymaine chartplotters that can actually be heard. I know they sell
the seatlk to nema converter for this purpose, but I am told this will
not sound an alrm for anchor dragging. I bought the shipmodul
multiplxer but unfortunately this does not have switched outputs. Is
there a nema alarm sentence from the raymarine char plotter?

Bob

How do I access the 4 signals, I thought it only had RS-232 for the
output/

No, Brookhouse mux outputs are RS232, RS422, 2nd RS422 @4800
(speedconversion of AIS-C and AIS models), USB (optional). If the control
signal option is ordered, a separate 10" multi-core cable is brought out the
mux enclosure with a led already connected to output 1 for practicing the *C
directive. It is intended for the more technically oriented.
You will find more he

http://www.brookhouseonline.com/pdf%...%20outputs.pdf

Wout

posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Mar 28, 11:18 pm, "WBH" wrote:
"rlojmo" wrote in message

oups.com...
On Mar 28, 7:13 pm, "WBH" wrote: There is an option available for the Brookhouse NMEA multiplexer, that

.

If your Raymarine plotter is a C-series or E-series, you may want to have

look at this:http://brookhouseonline.com/pdf%20files/Mux_AIS_C.pdf

Wout

"rlojmo" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

http://www.brookhouseonline.com/pdf%...20controlled%2...

Wout

Thanks a lot for the information.

Unfortunately I ordered mine from Captn Jack's, I didn't know about
the signal option. Any chance I could solder those wires on myself?

Bob

posted to rec.boats.electronics
WBH WBH is offline

"rlojmo" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 28, 11:18 pm, "WBH" wrote:
"rlojmo" wrote in message

[...]

"rlojmo" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

Are you sure you have a Brookhouse multiplexer? You started this thread
saying you had a Miniplex.
Wout

On Mar 29, 4:57 pm, "WBH" wrote:
"rlojmo" wrote in message

[...]

"rlojmo" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

What I have is shown at the link below:

http://www.capjack.com/category/Mari...-Bluetooth.cfm

Bob

posted to rec.boats.electronics
WBH WBH is offline

"rlojmo" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 29, 4:57 pm, "WBH" wrote:
"rlojmo" wrote in message

ups.com...
On Mar 28, 11:18 pm, "WBH" wrote: "rlojmo"

wrote in message

roups.com...
[...]

"rlojmo" wrote in message

roups.com...

[...]

That's clearly not a Brookhouse mux.
I've given you the links for Brookhouse.
The standard Brookhouse mux is $149.00
The control signal option is $25.00
If you need BT, a simple 4800bps plug-in module is available for $45.00. For
BT with many configurable options and baudrates, use an AIRCABLE module for
$69.00 (order direct from aircable).
Wout

Raymarine E-series vs Furuno NAVnet vx2 ? Paul Electronics 3 March 29th 07 08:45 AM
Yoeman Plotter Bobby Electronics 9 July 14th 05 10:43 PM
C-Map chart not showing detail after switching Raymarine displays C. Sadler Electronics 15 June 7th 04 10:43 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
Chart Table surface -- Solution! Steve Cruising 0 February 16th 04 02:22 AM