Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Software Availability

I'm a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary and had an interesting
question posed today. Is there a piece of commercially available
software that will translate the lat/long data transmitted from a DSC
radio call into a data stream that can be used to plot that lat/long
on a PC running something like MapSource?

Anyone got any ideas or information that I can track down? One of the
Auxiliary's missions is to provide Search and Rescue support to the
Active Coast Guard and something like this (that is also affordable)
would be a boon to our mission.

Thanks!

Ken