posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default Software Availability

definer wrote:
I'm a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary and had an interesting
question posed today. Is there a piece of commercially available
software that will translate the lat/long data transmitted from a DSC
radio call into a data stream that can be used to plot that lat/long
on a PC running something like MapSource?

Anyone got any ideas or information that I can track down? One of the
Auxiliary's missions is to provide Search and Rescue support to the
Active Coast Guard and something like this (that is also affordable)
would be a boon to our mission.

Thanks!

Ken

Running the mouse over a chart or map using any of the available software
applications will show you the Lat/long of the mouse cursor, but if you
require direct translation from the incoming signal, I do not know of any
available software which does this.

However since many companies now use gps to plot where their vehicles are,
maybe something along those lines would be the answer?

Dennis.

Dennis.