Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default 6V Meter on 12V

I picked up this neat old volt meter that I'd like to use on my boat.
The guy I got it from told me it came out of a 1920s automobile. I
figured it wouldn't even work, but when I got it home I was surprised to
see that it did work, and I was also surprised how easily the chrome
cleaned up on it. They sure don't make chrome like they used to.

Of course it's a 6 volt meter. Is there a simple circuit I can build
with parts available at Radio Shack enabling me to use this meter with
12 volts?

I don't want to use a store bought DC to DC Converter because that'll
give me a constant 6 volt output with no fluctuations, even if the input
voltage varies.

SR Mariner Depth Meter (Analog) Fix dvh General 2 February 13th 07 12:28 PM
SR Mariner Depth Meter (Analog) Fix dvh Cruising 1 February 12th 07 02:41 AM
Water Meter b393capt Electronics 11 July 4th 06 01:10 PM
How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF Larry W4CSC Electronics 74 November 25th 03 03:45 AM
Can someone identify this SWR meter? [email protected] Electronics 1 August 26th 03 10:10 PM