posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default raymarine depth finder

Can anyone help me to tell the difference between rockfish and other species
with this unit.. Thanks

lovemooses wrote:
Can anyone help me to tell the difference between rockfish and other species
with this unit.. Thanks

No

--

Catch fish by dropping depth sounder on its head, look in book.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"lovemooses" wrote in

Can anyone help me to tell the difference between rockfish and other
species with this unit.. Thanks

Nope.

Larry

lovemooses wrote:
Can anyone help me to tell the difference between rockfish and other species
with this unit.. Thanks

In the places where the bottom looks like the top of a pool table and
the fish are up above the bottom, those are probably not rockfish.

In the places with a lot of up and down contour and fish appearing and
disappearing, those may be rocks and the fish may be rockfish.

Spend some time investigating it all and you'll understand why it is
called fishing and not catching.

Good luck,

Jack

P.S. Moose are much loved up here in Maine too. But those who has ever
hit one with a car or been chased by a cow with a calf or a bull intent
on mating may have some reservations about them though.

I don't consider it fair that the largest animal that you can hit on the
highways at night has eyes that don't reflect any light and a coloration
that makes them nearly invisible.

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)