posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default general boat wiring? test

Why can I only see Bill K on this group?

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Ask your news admins to find out why. News is spread across thousands of
NNTP servers. None of us are likely to be seeing the same set of messages.
Within a few minutes/hours/days most decently connected servers will get
updated. So if you don't see messages on the server, well, it's not getting
updated and it's admins need to fix it.

"surfnturf" wrote in message
Why can I only see Bill K on this group?

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Uh, think about it... Apparently it DOESN'T update fine. Otherwise you'd
see messages. Bug the new server admins at shaw.

But in the meantime try using a different news reader program. There's one
built-into the Thunderbird mail program. Try using that to see if there's
perhaps something wrong with your Outlook Express setup.

"surfnturf" wrote in message
Why can I only see Bill K on this group?

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Thanks Bill,

I'll ask Shaw if they know anything about this. Some newsgroups do come in
fine, but not this one. But first, I'll try deleting my kill file - even
though it has only a few spammers and trolls in it.

me;

"surfnturf" wrote in message
Why can I only see Bill K on this group?

posted to rec.boats.electronics

I've had great success using OE as a newsreader. There are other solutions,
you might want to try one of them first. If they work, as in you see
messages from this newsgroup, then you might want to unsubscribe this group
from OE. The quit OE, reload it and resubscribe to the newsgroup. If THAT
doesn't work then you might have a corrupted profile. You could try adding
a 'new' newsgroup account to OE with your same news server info and then add
this group it it. If even THAT doesn't work then you might have to create a
whole new profile for OE. I doubt that'll be necessary, but anything's
possible. Start by trying a different newsreader program on your PC.

"surfnturf" wrote in message
Why can I only see Bill K on this group?

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default general boat wiring?

On Mar 2, 8:17 am, "Shaun Van Poecke"
wrote:
Hi all,
Will hopefully be wiring up a boat in the next few months (thunderbird 26)
that has no existing wiring. It will be a pretty standard sort of a setup;
a couple of batteries, nav lights, cd player, compass light, GPS, wiring to
outboard and solar panel. Ive done a fair bit of wiring in the past and
dont have trouble making up a decent quality loom with color coded wiring,
spade connectors and heat shrink.

What im wondering is, does standard wiring do the job well enough here, or
do you use marine specific stuff? Standard battery terminals, standard
spade connectors? are most people running their wiring inside conduit, or
just using a wiring wrap to keep things tidy? Do you coat the finished
product in anything, especially in places like the back of fuse boards or
other panels? Any other things i need to keep in mind here?

Thanks,
Shaun

You should buy Nigel Calders book...and one big lesson is to install
'drip loops'
at every junction.
http://www.amazon.com/Boatowners-Mec...3811513&sr=1-1