Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Hookup Question---Gps/Vhf at 2 stations

I am thinking of buying a Garmin 76csx Gps and an Icom M422 VHF. The
Icom will transfer NEMA data to and from the gps for position display
on my or another boat's gps. Use will be on a sail boat and I'd like
to be able to use the gps at both the helm and in the cabin where the
vhf radio is.

Question is, can I just common the NEMA IN/OUT data cables at both
stations between the gps and vhf? That is, simply plug the gps into
whichever location I want to use it at, by hooking the data cables
together in parallel. Of course only the 1 gps would be hooked to the
one vhf radio at whichever gps station. My concern is impedence or
stray signals possibly from the unterminated data cable.

Wold be using these data cables from Garmin. Run would only be about
10 feet between the cabin and helm station.

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp...0%2D10082%2D00

Refinish Deck Question , for sailboat ,, for spring ,, Paint question NE Sailboat Boat Building 5 December 24th 06 11:21 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Mercury Mark 58,piston question Clams Canino General 1 May 2nd 04 08:58 PM
Friday Ethics Question Gary Warner General 67 November 24th 03 01:59 PM
Winterizing question plus. rock_doctor General 3 October 19th 03 02:24 AM