posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Are thru-the-hull transducers a standard diameter?

Folks,

I want to replace the Lowrance GPS/depth finder on my boat. The depth
finder uses a thru-the-hull transducer and that will be replaced also.
The diameter of the transducer is 2". Is this a standard diameter used
by all GPS/depth finder vendors. If it's not standard, which vendors
offer transducers with 2" diameters?

Obviously I don't want to bore another hole through the hull.

Thanks . . .

Bob St. John
posted to rec.boats.electronics

I want to replace the Lowrance GPS/depth finder on my boat. The depth
finder uses a thru-the-hull transducer and that will be replaced also.
The diameter of the transducer is 2". Is this a standard diameter used
by all GPS/depth finder vendors. If it's not standard, which vendors
offer transducers with 2" diameters?

No, 2" diameter is not standard, although lots of manufactures use
Airmar transducers with 2" diameter.
Airmar and another quite common transducer manufacturer, Radarsonics, both
have web sites with more
information about size, shape, function and compatibility than you can shake
a stick at. Radarsonics, for example has some
really great bronze body transducers with 3" diameter, and some plastic ones
with 2 1/4" diameter.
I wish I had more specific information, but do not.

Old Chief Lynn

Fiberglass vs plastic bb General 74 March 15th 11 07:53 PM
Shanty Hull Bulkhead Advice MRusson Boat Building 5 September 10th 05 02:20 AM
allied seawind 2 hull speed Jeff Morris General 0 August 31st 03 09:50 PM
transducers Randy General 5 August 10th 03 07:11 PM
car top hull issues zak Touring 4 August 8th 03 12:09 AM