Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Marine VHF Coast Station (USA)

Hello. I was just appointed to be the Communications Staff Officer for
a USCG Auxiliary Flotilla.

I need to know a few things, and I am hoping someone on this group may
be more knowledgeable on the subject than I am.

1. I am inclined to believe that I may need a marine VHF shore station
to take part in Auxiliary radio nets. If this is the case, how do I
apply for the proper license? Do I need to pass the GROL, or should I
just take element 1 and get the marine radio operators permit. From
what I can see, the GROL includes element 1 (marine radio operators
permit) plus one more element - and the GROL is good for life. I hold a
FCC amateur radio extra class license already, so passing the GROL
should not be a problem, even with the radar endorsement.

2. Are there auxiliary news on HF, or just VHF? As I mentioned before I
hold an amateur extra class license, so taking part in HF nets is not a
major problem.

Thanks in advance for any information that will be useful to me.

U.S. Firing Plans for Great Lakes Raise Concerns MMC General 8 October 19th 06 01:17 AM
U.S. Firing Plans for Great Lakes Raise Concerns MMC Boat Building 3 October 19th 06 01:17 AM
U.S. Firing Plans for Great Lakes Raise Concerns MMC Cruising 6 October 19th 06 01:17 AM
paradise cove trip Brien Alkire ASA 31 February 15th 04 11:17 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM