posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Marine VHF Coast Station (USA)

" wrote in
ps.com:

Thanks in advance for any information that will be useful to me.

Why not ask "them"?

http://www.auxodept.org/telecoms.htm

"Radio Facility
An Auxiliary radio facility does not require a Federal Communications
Commission (FCC) license when operating while assigned to duty or
performing a mission directed or scheduled by the U S Coast Guard.

A radio facility may be offered for use by an Auxiliarist and, if it meets
requirements for that type of facility, it will be accepted by the Director
of the Auxiliary. The facility owner must arrange for an initial
inspection of the facility and, thereafter, a re-inspection every three
years from the date of acceptance for use. Radio equipment used on a
surface or air facility is considered and inspected as part of that
facility. In general, the operator of a radio facility must maintain radio
logs and formal message logs. Under ordinary conditions, Auxiliary radio
facilities operate according to the Telecommunications Manual, COMDTINST
M2000.3. "

By the way, I typed into my Google search box:

USCG Auxiliary Communications

and this was the second of 390,000 webpages on the subject. Type it into
your google and you'll have more information on USCG Aux Comms that you
have lifetime left to digest it....

Be very careful volunteering your ham station/towers/equipment to the
government bureaucrats, any government bureaucrats. Once you have done
that, they feel free to come take it all for their own use at a moment's
notice...any excuse will do if some jealous ******* in the Aux wants it.
NEVER sign anything over to them...NEVER! You could LOSE IT ALL! If they
give you a hard time about it, simply tell them you understand and will
drop out of your VOLUNTEER position. I always found that stops the
confiscations... They tried to steal an airplane from our little CAP
squadron, back then, we had worked hard to fund. Fortunately, for us at
least, the plane in question was TITLED to one of our members, to prevent
such bull****. We were forced to remove CAP markings from the squadrons
plane, but the plane remained in OUR hangar, not theirs. CAP didn't have
many brand new Cessnas with STOL kits and full IFR suites of toys...(c;

CG comms are not subject to FCC regulations and bureaucracy. None of the
military stations are...MARS, CAP, CG Aux, etc. The various comm
bureaucracies of each service operates the system. It looks like you need
to take the CG Aux Ecom course online:
http://www.auxetrain.org/ecom.htm

I used to be "Kiddie Kar 20", a long time ago in Middle East Region CAP
comms in the SC Wing. HF was on 4585 USB, mostly with old Heath HW-18 kit
transceivers. I must have built the SC Wing a hundred kits in the 60's and
70's. Late at night, the Hawaii Wing's 4585 net control would ask for
other checkins. Using "minimum power" from my pair of 4-1000A tetrodes
running 6500VDC at 950ma plate current, I had no trouble checking in from
my 1/4 wave vertical sitting over 120 buried radials, series fed. CAP
comms were great fun and a great service to the pilots lost. I had a
complete kilowatt HF and a VHF repeater built into my motorhome that would
serve as net control for SARCAPs and REDCAPs setup right along the runways
where the search originated. I usually beat the planes there by a few
hours.

What freqs are CG Aux comms on HF? I'd like to listen in....

73,
Larry W4CSC alias 4 other calls since 1957....(sigh)
No Code Extra Class...(c;
You don't need a GROL, either....hardly anyone does, these days.

--
Extremely intelligent life exists that is so smart they never called Earth.