posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default cheap radar signal generators

In article . com,
"Paul" wrote:

Somebody should tell these storm chaser you can not use marine radar on
land http://www.tornadochaser.com/2000chaseveh.htm

this one is a TV station.
http://www.honda-acura.net/index.php..._articleid=101
you would think they would follow FCC rules

I suspect that the Tv Station is operating the Radar under Part 90
SubPart F, or SubPartQ, that's where all the Weather Radars used to
operate. The FCC may have a Weather Radar Radio Serivce by now, as well.

Also, I thought when the FCC did away with needing a license for marine
VHF that included marine radar as well.

But the OP stated he wasn't using it on a Boat, therefore he can't claim
he is covered by the "Blanket License" issued by the FCC to ALL
Voluntary Equipped Vessels in non-commercial Service.

read the section
WHAT RADIO EQUIPMENT MAY I USE?
http://wireless.fcc.gov/marine/fctsht14.html#SEC3

Paul

There is a proivision in Part 80 SubPart M, and SubPart N, to operate
a Marine Radar ashore, IF one qualifies for a License under those Rules.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Bruce in Alaska wrote in
:

Clobbered by a piece of printed circuit board? Oh, never mind.
You're talking about REAL radars, not Raymarines....(c;

You CAN get it to burn the end of your finger from the little dipoles
in the phased circuit board antenna...

is this with, or without, corroded Pot Metal structures........

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

That'd be BEFORE it rots to ****.

--
http://www.epic.org/privacy/rfid/verichip.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip

posted to rec.boats.electronics

hehe....
Ok, so it was exaggeration, but i couldn't help myself! I've been dying to
use that expression (how about a free kick in the throat) since i heard it
on space ghost coast to coast the other day. It was the episode where they
interview Dennis Leary. Classic.

Shaun

(its pretty much a guarantee
that someone will kick you in the throat if they see it turning at dock).

Wow! Tough marina!....(c;

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Shaun Van Poecke" wrote in
:

hehe....
Ok, so it was exaggeration, but i couldn't help myself! I've been
dying to use that expression (how about a free kick in the throat)
since i heard it on space ghost coast to coast the other day. It was
the episode where they interview Dennis Leary. Classic.

Shaun

(its pretty much a guarantee
that someone will kick you in the throat if they see it turning at
dock).

Wow! Tough marina!....(c;

Actually, it's a pretty accurate statement if you're in the way of the
fishermen either at 4AM when they're in a hurry or 2PM when they come back
to the dock drunk-as-a-skunk....(c;

posted to rec.boats.electronics

What happened to Patrick ? Did we help him, discourage him, or just
convinced him we are deranged.

b393capt a écrit :

What happened to Patrick ? Did we help him, discourage him, or just
convinced him we are deranged.

Thank you, I'm still browsing internet lookin' for info about furuno
radars, I found recently an interesting documentation from furuno &
shematic into an old mod 2400 scope, maybe I will just do some
experiences with gunnplexer's (less dangerous)

thanx again for the asssitance.

Have a good day

Patrick

radar questions luc Electronics 36 November 20th 06 12:26 AM
problem with simrad radar - or mount... flying sailor Electronics 10 October 13th 06 12:53 PM
Radar Reflectors - Test, links and info Mic Cruising 0 September 7th 05 06:19 PM
Radar vs GPS/Sounder Lloyd Sumpter Cruising 98 December 23rd 03 11:42 AM
Radar and Basic Nav. Bobsprit ASA 97 September 5th 03 06:48 PM