posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Knots being phased out?

Don White wrote:

If North America was a creature...you could *thing* of Canada as the head
& shoulders & the US as ......

ooops ...make that *think*

Don White wrote:
Don White wrote:

If North America was a creature...you could *thing* of Canada as the
head & shoulders & the US as ......

ooops ...make that *think*

Unless the creature was bending over, and then you could think of Canada
as the ........

posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"Don White" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in
:

Like I said - I knew things were different in Canada.

Canadians made all those projections. You can tell because all of them
make Canada look BIGGER than the rest of us....

Larry

If North America was a creature...you could thing of Canada as the head &
shoulders & the US as ......

the heart and soul....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Its a darn good thing that some knots are being phased out ........ I
never can tie half of them!

So are you saying that in the end we'll all have the bends?

Oh, bite me.

I meant bight me. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Its a darn good thing that some knots are being phased out ........ I
never can tie half of them!

So are you saying that in the end we'll all have the bends?

Oh, bite me.

I meant bight me. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Just don't let it happen again. lol

posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 02:06:20 GMT, keith_nuttle
wrote:

I am just a chemist that likes to sail and have spent all of my time on
inland lakes.

I thought it was latitude but could be longitude, but I do remember that
the diameter of the earth at the equator in in knots is equal to 360 X 60.

A Knot is a unit of speed, not distance, and the distance you are
calculating would be the circumference, not the diameter.

The circumference of the earth at the equator is approximately 360 x
60 nautical miles.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 01:42:57 -0500, Larry wrote:

"Roger Long" wrote in news:0zWbh.31688$zB4.19393
:

Isn't KPS "Knots per Hour" = "Knots"?

Knots per hour, would be a unit of acceleration because "knots" means
"nautical miles per hour". Knots per hour = "nautical miles per hour per
hour". We sailors only DREAM of acceleration....(c;

Larry

You can use knots per hour to measure deceleration, too... :-)
(or should it be furlongs per fortnight? I always started the engine
when the Loran-gave an ETE of 99 hours.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Its a darn good thing that some knots are being phased out ........ I
never can tie half of them!

So are you saying that in the end we'll all have the bends?

Oh, bite me.

I meant bight me. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Just don't let it happen again. lol

Well sheet... ok

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

"ezflyer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ya! That's right. Hey, I've got a bridge. Are you interested?

Is that the one my Pappy sold your Pappy?

And it still works? Bloody good bridge!

Oliver

Knots being phased out? Oliver Fleming General 135 December 7th 06 01:13 PM
Knots being phased out? Oliver Fleming Cruising 110 December 6th 06 07:53 PM
Knots on the Web Mic Cruising 4 May 18th 05 03:08 AM
Significant Knots, or Knotty Knotty Doug General 15 January 12th 04 01:47 PM
I live in God's Country! katysails ASA 3 November 17th 03 04:06 AM