posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats

Default Raster vs Vector (Was Electronic Charting)

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 04:15:38 GMT, Gary wrote:

I was taught, and always use north up. All of my peers also use north
up. That way the picture doesn't change every time you alter course or
make a small correction.

Are you talking about radar or charting ?

Both.

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:31:52 GMT, Gary wrote:

I was taught, and always use north up. All of my peers also use north
up. That way the picture doesn't change every time you alter course or
make a small correction.

Are you talking about radar or charting ?

Both.

The vast majority of small boat radars display only in "heading up"
mode.