posted to rec.boats.electronics
CS CS is offline

Default Navtex Aerial cable

Hi,

What impedance is Navtex aerial cable?? - I think it is probably either
50 or 75 ohm.

TVMIA

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article . com,
"CS" wrote:

Hi,

What impedance is Navtex aerial cable?? - I think it is probably either
50 or 75 ohm.

TVMIA

as NavTex is a receive only, LF, situation, it really doesn't make alot
of difference. Use whatever cable fits the connectors.......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

CS wrote:
What impedance is Navtex aerial cable?? - I think it is probably either
50 or 75 ohm.

I'd guess it is 50 ohms, because that is the default in radio world. TV
is the most common system that uses 75 ohms, almost everything else is
50 ohms.

The coaxial connectors for 50 and 75 ohm cables are different also on
the interconnecting side, so you might not want to plug a 75 ohm
connector to a radio that expects a 50 ohm connector. You can break or
stretch the connector on the radio side, if you use a wrong impedance
connector. As a result, a correct impedance connector might not make a
solid connection anymore.

Tapio
posted to rec.boats.electronics

"CS" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

What impedance is Navtex aerial cable?? - I think it is probably either
50 or 75 ohm.

TVMIA

I hooked my JRC navtex receiver up to a 6 foot piece of wire and picked up
several stations.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

As Navtex is broadcast at 518KHz, a relatively low frequency, the cable
is less critical than at higher frequencies, but still important and a
50 ohm screened cable to the aerial will maximise the reception.
TV cable at 75 ohm is available everywhere in consumer electronic
stores, but seek out 50 ohm cable to maximise reception.

Gordon Wedman wrote:
"CS" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

What impedance is Navtex aerial cable?? - I think it is probably either
50 or 75 ohm.

TVMIA

I hooked my JRC navtex receiver up to a 6 foot piece of wire and picked up
several stations.

removal of steering cable from wheel unit - howto ? [email protected] General 0 September 2nd 05 03:01 AM
Help with Teleflex Safe-t qc helm and cable installation [email protected] General 0 August 7th 05 07:59 PM
OB Motor steering question tillius General 3 June 28th 04 12:36 PM
cable steering Gregory McGuire General 1 June 8th 04 12:52 AM
Radar Cable Connectors Steve Electronics 2 February 5th 04 08:13 PM