posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default hooking up laptop navigation program to Raymarine tillerpilot

Ah, Search the F..king Web. I did so , and found likely candidates.
I was just wondering out loud if you had any particular candidates.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

STFW perhaps?

http://www.google.com/search?q=bluetooth+serial

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Bill Kearney" wrote in news:kN-
:

Now all we need is a Bluetooth Tillerpilot and we'll have a

wireless
networked boat!....(c;

NMEA multiplexer plugs into:
http://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2368

Webfoot Ethernet port connects to:
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/MR814.php
(cheapest Netgear wireless router)
Router autoconfigures Webfoot with DHCP just like it does your laptop.
Webfoot now has IP address on LAN/Wireless LAN up to 256 laptops can
connect to.

Wireless router connects to laptop running The Cap'n to COM2, a "Virtual
Serial Port" driver that automatically connects itself to the Webfoot IP,
seamlessly (and wirelessly) connecting The Cap'n to its serial port on
the NMEA multiplexer. The Cap'n doesn't know what's in between because
it acts like a serial cable.

You lay out on beanbag under genoa with great view of obstructions while
crew slaves follow your orders shouted back through FRS walkie talkie
link into cockpit....."PREPARE TO COME ABOUT!", as autopilot rounds
waypoint commanded by The Cap'n on your wireless boat network....(c;

If slip has wifi to internet, you can open a port in the router to route
calls to the Webfoot from any place on the planet, so you can check WIND-
AT-THE-MAST, DEPTH, etc. from any place on the planet....like from your
desk at the office. (Hint: when you pull the log out of the hole to
keep the critters from jamming it, leave it so it can feel the
temperature inside the boat (leave the deck plate open). This "water"
temperature reading now allows you to check to see whether the air
conditioner is working on the boat in summer....or the heater has failed
and all the pipes not winterized are about to freeze and burst in
January.....from home/office/hotspot at Starbuck's/girlfriend's internet
with simple dumb terminal program. Just leave the sensor electronics
running you want to remotely monitor....

Going ashore and worrying about the boat dragging anchor while you're at
Rosie's Bar and Lounge? No problem. Leave GPS running, too. Set GPS
anchor alarm and watch for it from Rosie's wifi.

All great fun.....(c;

Too bad NMEA stuff isn't on Ethernet TCP/IP plugged directly into hub...
(snif)