posted to rec.boats.electronics
Scott

Default GArmin 498 Problem

Hi, I just had a Garmin 498 GPS Fishfinder CHart Plotter installed. It
works well in that I can see the map and my boat moving with speed.
The Sonar works as does the fishfinder. InMAP mode though the depth
will not come up as does the gPS coordinated. There is no setting in
the book to turn these on or off. So in main map mod I cannot see the
depth. In Split mode I can see the fishfinder and MAP. It seems that
the plain depth finder is not working? Help?

Scott Press, M.D.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Lee Haefele

All the Garmin GPSs can have custom screens. You place what you need in
each square, and can make each square into 1 large or 4 little squares. I
almost sent my first Garmin (152) back, because, as it was delivered, no
screen showed Lat/Lon coordinates.
Hope this is what you are looking for, check your manual for how to do it.
Lee Haefele
Nauticat 33 Alesto
oups.com...