posted to rec.boats.electronics
Butch Davis

Default Marrine Electronics Installation

Seeking refernces to DIY above... on-line preferred.

Thanks,
Butch

posted to rec.boats.electronics
chuck

What do you want to install?

Butch Davis wrote:
Seeking refernces to DIY above... on-line preferred.

Thanks,
Butch

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Butch Davis

A flush mounted DSC VHF (Icom 504??) with 8 foot antenna on a center
console. A Lowrance LCX-25C GPS/Sounder with a 200khz transom mount
t'ducer, with LowranceNet single engine fuel flow sensor and fuel tank level
sensor. The LCX-25 to be connected to the VHF for DSC and the GPS to be
bracket mounted at the helm.

Butch
"chuck" wrote in message
nk.net...
What do you want to install?

Butch Davis wrote:
Seeking refernces to DIY above... on-line preferred.

Thanks,
Butch

posted to rec.boats.electronics
William Andersen

If you don't have the manuals, they should be on-line at the manufacturer's
web-site.
There isn't much to it but not all manufacturers use the same terminoligy.
I've emailed Garmin tech support to clarify wiring their devices to other
equipment, and they were quick and accurate in their response.
I've got two GPS's on my boat. One provides lat/long, waypoint, course and
speed info to my radar and lat/long to my backup VHF radio. The other one
provides lat/long to the primary VHF radio.
http://members.cox.net/wgander/Passengerside.htm

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
k.net...
A flush mounted DSC VHF (Icom 504??) with 8 foot antenna on a center
console. A Lowrance LCX-25C GPS/Sounder with a 200khz transom mount
t'ducer, with LowranceNet single engine fuel flow sensor and fuel tank
level sensor. The LCX-25 to be connected to the VHF for DSC and the GPS to
be bracket mounted at the helm.

Butch
"chuck" wrote in message
nk.net...