posted to rec.boats.electronics
qdbsound

Default stowe compass

Can anyone help . Did Stowe make a fluxgate compass and if so what did
it look like as we what might be one one on our boat but dont know for
sure if it is . It it is what it loks like did stowe output nmea ?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
GOGO Gadget

If you have the Data line system with the central server the answer is
NO but you have an option.
You can use a NMEA output Compass to the Server which will put the data
up on the system.
I have seen this done. Use a KVH or a JRJ Athena Compass which are
avalible at something like $300US.Check Chicago Marine Electronics or
Pyacht.com
I happen to still have a old Stowe Catalog and have worked on them in
the past.
Gadget
qdbsound wrote:
Can anyone help . Did Stowe make a fluxgate compass and if so what did
it look like as we what might be one one on our boat but dont know for
sure if it is . It it is what it loks like did stowe output nmea ?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
qdbsound

thanks gadget.Still wondering what the cylindrical device with stowe
written on it is .any Ideas?