posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon

Default SeaCas AIS

Anyone know anything about this new unit? Seems to include integrated gps
and ais in one antenna and receiver.
Gordon
--

Ask not for whom the terrorist bell tolls; it tolls for thee, and thee, and
thee--for decent, innocent people everywhere.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Anyone know anything about this new unit? Seems to include integrated gps
and ais in one antenna and receiver.
Gordon
--
If you want everything in one unit and the electronics opposed to bad weather and pickpockets, it looks like a great unit. But at the price you get two receivers for internal installation.
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

"Holger" wrote in message

Gordon Wrote:
Anyone know anything about this new unit? Seems to include integrated
gps
and ais in one antenna and receiver.
Gordon
--

If you want everything in one unit and the electronics opposed to bad
weather and pickpockets, it looks like a great unit. But at the price
you get two receivers for internal installation.

But at that price, you save on cable and installation cost (if you have it
done for you). And in many cases that counts...

Meindert

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Holger wrote in news:Holger.22igq8
@news.boatbanter.com:

If you want everything in one unit and the electronics opposed to bad
weather and pickpockets, it looks like a great unit. But at the price
you get two receivers for internal installation.

--
Holger

They're all pickin' it for every Euro they can bleed out of it. I looked
at Yacht-AIS website and they even want you to pay for a null modem
software in addition to the virtual serial port software, both of which are
free in lots of places on the net.

Now we need to get some of the net's open source gurus interested in AIS.
They've really scrammed the greed with stuff like FLAC for lossless music,
not to mention the DivX crack...(c;

"Larry" wrote in message
They're all pickin' it for every Euro they can bleed out of it. I looked
at Yacht-AIS website and they even want you to pay for a null modem
software in addition to the virtual serial port software, both of which

are
free in lots of places on the net.

Now we need to get some of the net's open source gurus interested in AIS.

Yeah yeah.....
So how long will it take before people want open-source bread and butter,
and want to have their employers pay them an "open-source salary"......

Meindert