Jeff

Default OT: FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Happy Trails wrote:
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:16:50 -0800, I. Care wrote:
Do you know why the company is FUGAWI?

Indians????

I've always thought FUGAWI is an old (US?) Army expression !

You may be thinking of FUBAR, an army expression that got picked up by
programmers with the ubiquitous use of "foo." The navy version (as
was explained to me) was SNAFU.

I first heard the FUGAWI joke in 1965, but at the same time F-Troop
was on TV with the Hekawi Indians, so I always assumed the two started
more or less together. The famous Memorial Day race started about 5
years later
Richard Owlett

Happy Trails wrote:

Happy Trails To You

OK. Are you Roy, Dale, or Trigger.
About as on topic as much of this ...

Jack Erbes

Jeff wrote:

You may be thinking of FUBAR, an army expression that got picked up by
programmers with the ubiquitous use of "foo." The navy version (as was
explained to me) was SNAFU.

Actually, in my experience, SNAFU and FUBAR were used by all the
services. The terms represented a logical procession for the way things
could be perceived when an average trying day became a little more trying.

Things would go from Situation Normal, All Fouled UP to Fouled Up Beyond
All Recall.

Occasionally, one particularly trying event in a series of trying events
could be classified as an ICFBI! which was, of course, I Can't Frankly
Believe It!

Any word starting with the letter "F" was a wild card and any other
expletive starting with "F" could be substituted for it.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)
Bert Robbins

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

You may be thinking of FUBAR, an army expression that got picked up by
programmers with the ubiquitous use of "foo." The navy version (as was
explained to me) was SNAFU.

Actually, in my experience, SNAFU and FUBAR were used by all the services.
The terms represented a logical procession for the way things could be
perceived when an average trying day became a little more trying.

Things would go from Situation Normal, All Fouled UP to Fouled Up Beyond
All Recall.

Occasionally, one particularly trying event in a series of trying events
could be classified as an ICFBI! which was, of course, I Can't Frankly
Believe It!

Any word starting with the letter "F" was a wild card and any other
expletive starting with "F" could be substituted for it.

In order and witht appropriate words:

SNAFU - Situation Normal, All ****ed Up
TARFU - Things Are Really ****ed Up
FUBAR - ****ed Up Beyond All Recognition

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:31:01 -0500, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
m...
Jeff wrote:

[...]

Don't forget the interservice version JANFU - Joint Army/Navy **** Up

Weebles Wobble
(but they don't fall down)

Danny

Default Garmin DO NOT BUY IT before you read this!!!

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"fen" wrote in message
k...
The difference between Garmin blue chart mapping programs, bought either

on
CD with unlock code - OR - as a PreProgrammed DataCards, is that the
first
product may be installed on two Garmin GPS units, the second can
presently
NOT.

Complaint over policy of non allowed duplication of
PreProgrammed DataCards for personal use in a second
Garmin GPS unit.

Why would Garmin have to tell you beforehand that you may not copy their
copyrighted material? It is already in the federal laws you are supposed
be aware of. Stop whining man!

Meindert

Amen, Meindert. Amen. I am so tired of these whiners that think they are
owed more than they pay for. They find every reason to label manufacturing
and marketing practices as "greed" but their own theft as "reasonable." It
just never ends. I am sure the manufacturers would welcome a "boycott" of
these freeloaders.

Steve Thomas

So,
on old electronic parts with the JAN part numbers, the JAN stands for
"Joint Army Navy"?

I knew that it indicated military listing for the part, but I never knew
what the letters stood for.

Don't forget the interservice version JANFU - Joint Army/Navy **** Up

Weebles Wobble
(but they don't fall down)

Happy Trails

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:10:55 -0600, Richard Owlett
wrote:

Happy Trails wrote:

Happy Trails To You

OK. Are you Roy, Dale, or Trigger.
About as on topic as much of this ...

None of the above - I'm merely as old as you probably are.
Who was that fat guy - Jingles? Or was that a different show.

I thought it appropriate for this NG but I have discovered that I'm
probably infringing on a copyright by that Yogi Bear guy.

Happy Trails To You
Jack Erbes

Happy Trails wrote:

snip
None of the above - I'm merely as old as you probably are.
Who was that fat guy - Jingles? Or was that a different show.

Jingles (Andy Devine) was Gene Autry's side kick. Pat Butram did the
talk in a funny voice/do stupid things honors for Roy.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)
Richard Owlett

Jack Erbes wrote:

Happy Trails wrote:

snip

None of the above - I'm merely as old as you probably are.
Who was that fat guy - Jingles? Or was that a different show.

Jingles (Andy Devine) was Gene Autry's side kick. Pat Butram did the
talk in a funny voice/do stupid things honors for Roy.

Jack

But in the Roy Rodgers show, what was CHARACTER's name who drove the jeep?

Was the Jeep's name "Nellie"?

PS my parents married the day before Pearl Harbor.