tvnav.com

Default Garmin DO NOT BUY IT before you read this!!!

"fen" wrote in message
k...
Darrel, thank you for your advice, about selling and re-buying.

You, beeing a Garmin seller, surely knows about consumer needs, and how
important it is to have them satisfied in the long run.

You are correct, that is our job as a Garmin dealer. Too bad that your
dealer didn't do their job or too bad that you didn't ask before buying the
wrong product for your needs/wants.

The way to do this in this case, vould be to let a costomer send in his
pre-programmed card to Garminīs designated distributor and let this
distributor do a single copy on a card.
The blank card, the postage and a fee for programing the card of course
beeing paid for by the costomer.

I'm pretty sure that Garmin's agreement with the BlueChart folks
wouldn't allow for this but you are right, it would be worth asking or
suggesting to **Garmin** about it but it probably won't do any good to bitch
about Garmin in the newsgroups about it.
--

Darrel Goheen

http://www.tvnav.com

Badger

Default FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Skipper wrote:
SoftComplete wrote:

Software authors have the right to deliver as number of copies as they
find relevant...

http://www.strongbit.com - Bulletproof Software Protection And License
Management !

And knowledgeable consumers have the right to boycott products employing
these user unfriendly "schemes", and to tell companies such as yours to
'shove it!'

Kindest regards,

--
Skipper

As long as they don't steal the software you're 100% correct.

Clay
fen

I meant to make a suggestion, not really bitch - and also find out if I was
the only one so dumb not to ASK the seller about a thing I did not know at
the time, when I became so unlucky to buy the map from a dealer that did
not tell.

I think my GPSMAP188C and my GPSMAP188 and the map I have, is just great and
would certainly buy the stuff again, this time though a bit more informed.
Itīs all about information isīnt it.

At my place CPH the card is ~480$ and the CD ~640$(including a card and USB
reader) I would pay the 160$ and some for the card. Maybee Garmin could lock
the second card to a specific GPSMAP serialnumber and then I should pay a
fee, say 20$, so in all about 200$ for the transaction, still saving me
280$.

Anyway it īs my own dumb fault resulting in a not so dumb suggestion(I
think).
If Iīm the only guy caught, its not even worth it.
Just info and an idea - no bitching.
Thanks for the feedback

"tvnav.com" skrev i en meddelelse
l.net...

"fen" wrote in message
[...]

Larry

"ericsmith3d" wrote in
lkaboutelectronicequipmen
t.com:

A better reason not to buy XP is that it's a crappy OS.

Well.....that, too.......and now it is to become OBSOLETE, AGAIN....

--
Larry
Meindert Sprang

"fen" wrote in message
k...
The difference between Garmin blue chart mapping programs, bought either

on
CD with unlock code - OR - as a PreProgrammed DataCards, is that the first
product may be installed on two Garmin GPS units, the second can presently
NOT.

Complaint over policy of non allowed duplication of
PreProgrammed DataCards for personal use in a second
Garmin GPS unit.

Why would Garmin have to tell you beforehand that you may not copy their
copyrighted material? It is already in the federal laws you are supposed to
be aware of. Stop whining man!

Meindert

prodigal1

Perry wrote:
In Canadan as well as the US using more than one copy ( single purchase) of
most any software is called THEFT.

which of course is the main reason people should grow a brain, get the
Microsoft monkey off their backs and embrace the concept of open source
operating systems and software.

Happy Trails

Default OT: FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:16:50 -0800, I. Care wrote:
Do you know why the company is FUGAWI?

Indians????

I've always thought FUGAWI is an old (US?) Army expression !

Happy Trails To You
JIm

purchased a copy from Fugawi and installed it on main computer. When I
tried to install it on my laptop it would not install. Contacted company
and told them. They stated that it had already been installed on more than
2 computers and I could not install it on the laptop.

No body else touched the package and I broke the seal on it. You figure
that one out.

Besides sofware is worse than Garmin

"Oliver Fleming" wrote in message
HI,
Below is a copy of the letter I have sent to the Canadian Better
Business Bureau.

These people produce Navigation Software, however in their advertising
they do not state that they limit the installations to 2 machines. Had I
known of this limitation I would not have purchased the software. This is
what is known as in my country as
"sharp practice" and can lead to heavy fines and Jail time.It is difficult
to change from machine to machine if required. Even a reformat of the hard
drive and re-installation requires a phone call or internet connection.
Not always possible if one is in a remote area. Also response is slow and
hampered by stupid non relevant questions.
The program is also buggy and not yet of merchantable quality, some
features as in the instructions do not work.
I have no quarrel with a company who wishes to limit the use of the
software, however this should be made plain in the advertising hype.

Oliver Fleming

A request for a RMA for return of the software is ignored with no
explanation.
Buy it and regret with leisure.

Oliver Fleming