Terry Spragg

Default Why is one able to hear an UHF radio in a steel hulled ship?

Larry wrote:

"Doug" wrote in
ink.net:

QLF Please!

I'm just please to smoke out someone who doesn't type with one finger and
make one line responses.....(c;

WTF does QLF mean?

Terry K

Larry

Terry Spragg wrote in
:

WTF does QLF mean?

Terry K

LF = Left Foot! QLF "Send with your left foot"/"Are you sending with your
left foot?" I have an old friend who can send 10-12 wpm with a vibroplex
between the toes of his left foot! He spent WW2 on diesel subs as chief
radioman in the Pacific. It's a learned trait...(c;

--
Larry
Jack Erbes

Terry Spragg wrote:

WTF does QLF mean?

QLF is not listed in ACP-131, for the most part it has no assigned,
internationally recognized, meaning.

Back in my Navy days the stock reply, when queried about an unknown Q or
Z signal, would have been "It means send a series of LIMA with FOXTROT
separators".

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)
Bob

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:11:18 -0400, Jack Erbes
wrote:

Terry Spragg wrote:

WTF does QLF mean?

QLF is not listed in ACP-131, for the most part it has no assigned,
internationally recognized, meaning.

Back in my Navy days the stock reply, when queried about an unknown Q or
Z signal, would have been "It means send a series of LIMA with FOXTROT
separators".

it's a joke among hams...refers to someone who's got a bad fist.

---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field
Jack Erbes

Bob wrote:

it's a joke among hams...refers to someone who's got a bad fist.

Oh yeah, lousy fist, that comes back to me know. Did you know that
there was a Soviet Bloc single seat fighter (post WW-II?) that had a
foot key?

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)

Johny Looser

BrianR wrote:
"-Name Withheld For Security Concerns" wrote in
message ...

Hello!
Our boat has several UHF radio's that are used to communicate between
compartments. I thought the steel bulkheads would have acted as a faraday
cage and prevented any communication. Any thought on why the UHF radios
work
as well as they do?

-Thanks

Harry Tuttle

Why withhold your name for "Security Concerns", when it appears in you
E-Mail address anyway?

Maybe I'm just trying to trick you into believing my name is Harry?

-Regards Harry

Doh!!!

HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Hear "Nautical Talk Radio" - Sailing to the Med, Red, & Dead Seas Capt Lou Cruising 2 November 29th 04 09:36 PM
Modifying Icom IC-M800 Steve Electronics 38 July 10th 04 03:49 PM
VANISHED (stolen?)- a new (and unique) 57' Beneteau [email protected] Cruising 18 January 13th 04 12:26 AM