Default Raytheon 6000 Conections

I have a Raytheon 6000 autopilot (Not ST). Can I connect an NMEA input
such as wind or GPS to the autopilot.
Tony

Steve

wrote in message

I have a Raytheon 6000 autopilot (Not ST). Can I connect an NMEA input
such as wind or GPS to the autopilot.

You can connect the NMEA only if you us the old NMEA interface sold as an
option with the AHxxxx model pilots. These (are) were difficult to find and
presented some problems in reading the NMEA sentence.

The windvanes use with the AHxxxx unit plug into a socket on the bottom of
the unit. Wind direction from the NMEA sentence won't be recognized by the
non ST AP.

Sorry I don't have more encouraging information for you.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Matt Colie

Tony,
Between Nautech, Autohelm and Raytheon there were multiple versions of
non-ST 6000 (not to mention the different drives). If you do not have
the documentation, go the the Raymarine site and see if you can find a
set the looks like what you actually have.

I have serviced 2 in recent memory. One had an NMEA 0183 input directly
to the unit and the other had some kind of interface box near the nave
station (but I wasn't fixing that.

Maybe Kees knows more about this.

Matt Colie

wrote:
I have a Raytheon 6000 autopilot (Not ST). Can I connect an NMEA input
such as wind or GPS to the autopilot.
Tony

Kees Verruijt

Matt Colie wrote:
Tony,
Between Nautech, Autohelm and Raytheon there were multiple versions of
non-ST 6000 (not to mention the different drives). If you do not have
the documentation, go the the Raymarine site and see if you can find a
set the looks like what you actually have.

I have serviced 2 in recent memory. One had an NMEA 0183 input directly
to the unit and the other had some kind of interface box near the nave
station (but I wasn't fixing that.

Maybe Kees knows more about this.

Nope, nothing to add...

--