Ray

Default Simrad ce32 garmin map76 NMEA

Hi Have a Simrad CE32 mk2 chartplotter sounder.
I am trying to use my garmin map 76 to give gps to the simrad via nmea.

problem i have is the socket on the back of the ce32 simrad for nmea
input does not have any identifying marks to show which pin relates to
pin mnumbers.

for instance in the manual it says
pin 1 TXa data out
pin 2 txb return
pin 3 RXa data in
pin 4 RXb return
pin 5 alarm log
pin 6 MOB.

it then has a diagram of the socket but there are no numbers on the
diagram? so which pin is pin number 1? and then is the numbering
clockwise or anti clockwise? is this socket a standard NMEA design or
is it simrad specific?

any help appreciated
Cheers
RAy

Dennis Pogson

Ray wrote:
[...]

Have you looked really hard at the socket, using a magnifying glass?