Bruce in Alaska

In article .com,
Peter Bennett wrote:

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:26:31 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

"Peter Bennett" wrote in message
rnews.com...
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:33:38 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

...and of course Canadians require an operators license, although the
station licenses are gone.

U.S. requires an operator license as well.

But the Canadian Operator Certificate requires a bit of study, and an
examination.

Your point?

I understood that Americans could get an operator's certificate
without any training or examination - they just submit a form to the
FCC. If this is not the case, I'll withdraw my comment.

Actually, there are two types of Non-Technical Operators licenses
avalible in the US. Resricted Permit and Marine Radiotelephoner
Operators Permit. The Restricted Permit is for all VHF Operators,
and HF Operators running less than 400 watts PEP, outside US Waters, and
in Alaska, and has no testing required. The MROP is for Coast Station
Operators, HF Operators of Station with Powers over 400 Watts PEP, and
all SOLAS, and Great Lakes Radio Agreement, except for Coast Stations in
Alaska that have less than 1500 Watts PEP Power.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Don White

Bruce in Alaska wrote:

Actually, there are two types of Non-Technical Operators licenses
avalible in the US. Resricted Permit and Marine Radiotelephoner
Operators Permit. The Restricted Permit is for all VHF Operators,
and HF Operators running less than 400 watts PEP, outside US Waters, and
in Alaska, and has no testing required. The MROP is for Coast Station
Operators, HF Operators of Station with Powers over 400 Watts PEP, and
all SOLAS, and Great Lakes Radio Agreement, except for Coast Stations in
Alaska that have less than 1500 Watts PEP Power.

Bruce in alaska

Back in 2000 I took a CPS two night seminar and wrote an exam to receive
my Restricted Operator Certificate"
http://www.cps-ecp.ca/english/radio_talk.htm
Boots

Default FCC proposes to drop code on all licenses!

Thanks to the FCC, they have turned the VHF Marine Band into
CB.
Capt Boots
"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote
in message ...

"Don White" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:
"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message

..
..

In article , Larry

wrote:

Nonsense. Marine VHF has no license at all and it's not

like
CB....well,
often....until their drunk. Ham radio is worse than CB

when THEY're
drunk.

--
Larry

Actually, the above is only true for Non-commercial

Marine VHF Radios.
All Commercial Marine Radios REQUIRE a Radio Station

License.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

Even recreational boats with VHFs require a license if

operating outside
US waters.

Doug in Maryland

...and of course Canadians require an operators license,

although the
station licenses are gone.

U.S. requires an operator license as well.

Larry

"Boots" wrote in news:1128372013_40775@spool6-
east.superfeed.net:

Thanks to the FCC, they have turned the VHF Marine Band into
CB.
Capt Boots

How did the license make them better radio operators....or drivers....??

If it did, then we need intensive licensing before we let them get behind
the wheel of that 70' luxury motor yacht, something that worries me MUCH
more than some stupid little radio license.

Push THAT button at the yacht club or boat dealer and see what you
get....(c;

--
Larry

Ham Radio Licenses Stan Winikoff Electronics 79 August 10th 04 04:41 AM
Code Flags Michael ASA 5 July 5th 04 05:11 PM
Ignorant Dupes jlrogers ASA 109 August 11th 03 11:16 AM