Mika

Default Small ~ 5 watt solar panels any good ?

Are small ~ 5 watt solar panels any good for providing little charge
to prevent discharge of the battery when the boat is not used for a
week or two? Or should I get a bit larger panel in 10-15 watt range ?
Would you consider these small panels as just toys?

Expect to use the alternator to do most of charging when the engine is
running. Only one 60 Ah deep-cycle battery, used to start the engine,
log, depth, navigation and interior lights, radio etc. No power-hungry
appliances onboard our 27ft sailboat.

Panel would be in fixed position facing south, and being in latitude
60 degrees north we do get lots of sunshine in summer

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Mike

Larry

Geoff Schultz wrote in
6:

I'd go wild and crazy and
get a 10-15 watt unit.

He should really go wild and get an 80W panel! That would give him a few
amps all day, instead of milliamps....(c;

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844
Email:
Read about them he
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp...3&view=printer

FS: Three Siemens SP75 Solar Panels $500 George Electronics 1 October 11th 08 11:16 PM
batteries Walt Boat Building 8 December 6th 04 01:54 AM
12 Volt refrigeration Without Batteries Richard Kollmann Electronics 6 October 9th 04 02:44 PM
A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM
Small business in the US......... Bill Kiene General 4 October 23rd 03 03:22 PM