Rick Gauthier

Default Westerbeke 7.2 BCGTC Gas Generator Will Not Start?

I have a Westerbeke 7.2 BCGTC Gasoline powered Generator Set in my boat
that started and ran the first start of this season. After being
shutdown for two hours the engine will not restart. The engine rolls
over but appears to be getting no fire. I have no manual to assist my
trouble shooting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick Gauthier

Capt John

Rick Gauthier wrote:
I have a Westerbeke 7.2 BCGTC Gasoline powered Generator Set in my boat
that started and ran the first start of this season. After being
shutdown for two hours the engine will not restart. The engine rolls
over but appears to be getting no fire. I have no manual to assist my
trouble shooting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick Gauthier

Rick,

I'm assuming the engine does have fuel here. Normally, for a generator
that will not start, it's one of the shut down sensors (low oil
pressure, high temp). First off, check the engine for spark. If it's
got spark it's probably flooded, or has a fuel problem. If you have no
spark disconnect the high temp sensor and check again. If you now have
spark, replace the sensor. If you still have no spark run a jumper wire
from the low oil sensor to ground and try again. If you have spark,
replace the sensor. If one of these does not work it could be a control
relay, but it's usually one of these.