OWEN FUNSCH

Default battery charger

I have a good 2000 model three bank independent battery charger. Lately it
has been over charging all the batteries, boiling out the water, and causing
the CO monitor to go off. Does anyone have any recommendations on a newer
charger that would shut down when the batteries are charged.

Thanks for any info

Jürgen Spelter

Hi,

"OWEN FUNSCH" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a good 2000 model three bank independent battery charger.

What means that? What charger are you using?

Lately it
has been over charging all the batteries, boiling out the water, and
causing
the CO monitor to go off.

Charger will have overcharged your batteries. Maybe, voltage regulation
inside the charger has failed or charger was in GEL position and batteries
were non GEL type?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a newer
charger that would shut down when the batteries are charged.

More information is needed!

Juergen

Thanks for any info

OWEN FUNSCH

I am using a Progressive Dynamics model PD2030. It does not have a Gel
setting. I have contacted the mgf last year and bought a rebuilt, same
model, from them. I have the same problem this year. The boat stays in the
water all year no problem during the colder months.

I have done lots of checking and rechecking in the boat as to wiring, load,
CO monitors and changed out the batteries. I have not found the problem.
Thought there might be a better charger or some other ideas.

"Jürgen Spelter" wrote in message
Hi,

"OWEN FUNSCH" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a good 2000 model three bank independent battery charger.

What means that? What charger are you using?

Lately it
has been over charging all the batteries, boiling out the water, and
causing
the CO monitor to go off.

Charger will have overcharged your batteries. Maybe, voltage regulation
inside the charger has failed or charger was in GEL position and batteries
were non GEL type?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a newer
charger that would shut down when the batteries are charged.

More information is needed!

Juergen

Thanks for any info

Jürgen Spelter

Hi Owen,

I took a look at the datasheet of your charger. Problem could be the
equalize mode of that charger. 15 min. equalizing every 21 hours is a lot.
When batteries are full charged or in equalize mode voltage schould not be
more than 14.4 volts. Check that voltage by measuring it at full charged
batteries. If voltage is more, your charger has failed.
Very high temperature of batteries may cause drying them, but that takes a
lot of time. If Water is "boiling out", the charger will be the problem.

Juergen