Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pascal Goncalves

Default VHF/DSC NMEA Out Position Report

The 2005 West Marine Catalog have some new models of VHF/DSC radios
called ITU Class-D wich have NMEA Output, alowing the user to plot on
a PC or Gps/Ploter the position of other boats received by the DSC
radio.

In the other side, Garmin introduced in software version 3.1 for
GpsMap276C, the DSC function wich alows it to receive the others boats
position and plot their position on the display screen, navigate to
one position (GoTo) and including several functions to manage this
information. I have tried this only in the simulation mode.

I am interested in the compatibility of the ICOM IC M-602 new VHF/DSC
ITU Class-D and my Garmin GpsMap276C, and want know:

a) Anibody here has tested this connection? It Works? Any Problems?
b) What are the NMEA messages really sent by this radio?
c) What are the NMEA messages that this Gps really can receive and
process?
d) Experiences with another brands or models of VHF/DSC radio
suporting position report?
e) Experiences with another brands or models of GPS/Ploter on position
report?
f) Anny comments and sugestion on this topic will be apreciated

TIA

Pascal

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
REQ: Crack for Maxsea V10 patrice Tall Ships 1 August 2nd 03 01:53 AM