Junior Member

Post Depth transducer

I want to design a display unit for Navman depth 2100 transducer by using the PIC microcontroller. I found that RCA jack cable is used with this transducer.
I dont have any idea to interface with this type of cable.
Besides, anyone know the specification of this transducer?
Thanks a lot!!!
Peter Bennett

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:26:21 +0000, bing2005
wrote:

I want to design a display unit for Navman depth 2100 transducer by
using the PIC microcontroller. I found that RCA jack cable is used with
this transducer.
I dont have any idea to interface with this type of cable.
Besides, anyone know the specification of this transducer?
Thanks a lot!!!

Normally, a depth sounder transducer is just a piezoelectric
transducer - no electronics at all - so you will have to build a depth
sounder.

Airmar makes the transducers used by many depth sounder manufacturers
- their web site may have some useful information for you.

--
Peter Bennett VE7CEI
email: peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca