Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Simulating a NMEA-0183 Device

This tutorial describes the steps to simulate a NMEA-0183 device using
NMEA Express, which can be found at www.steelwater.com.

Essentially we will be create a LogFile then turn around and play it
back.

1) The first thing we need to do is configure the File-Preferences:
Transmit-Parity: checked
Transmit-Trigger: not checked
Timers-Scanner-Hold: desired seconds between transmissions
Scanning-ComPort Trigger: not checked
Scanning-LogFile: Transmit: checked
Scanning-Looping: checked (if you desire continuous play)
Logging-RxLogging: none
Logging-TxLogging: checked
Logging-TgLogging: not checked
ComPort-as applicable

2) Stream-ComPort Open.

3) Logging-Start.

4) Select desired TalkerID and Sentence.

5) Enter desired data.

6) Press the Transmit button.

7) Repeat steps 4-6, as desired.

8) Stream-ComPort Close.

9) Stream-LogFile Open.

10) Press the Scan button.

Wireless 802.11 NMEA server Todd Electronics 79 February 3rd 05 07:35 AM
Seatalk to NMEA 0183 Rob Electronics 4 May 4th 04 09:51 AM
Save your Win 3.1 notebook for NMEA testing..... Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 November 4th 03 01:44 PM
Before you connect new NMEA and blow your network.... Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 29th 03 07:28 PM
Before you connect new NMEA and blow your network.... Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 29th 03 07:28 PM