Général Électrique

Default C-MAP or BLUE CHART

Hello

I want to buy a chartplotter but first what is the best chart?

What you tink?

Regards

Dennis Pogson

Général Électrique wrote:
Hello

I want to buy a chartplotter but first what is the best chart?

What you tink?

Regards

Chartplotters are toys, laptops are not!

Dennis.
- - -
Satellite photocharts of the UK & Ireland
available, excellent detail and accurate
calibration using Oziexplorer.
Remove *nospam* to reply.

Figment

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
Général Électrique wrote:
Hello

I want to buy a chartplotter but first what is the best chart?

What you tink?

Regards

Chartplotters are toys, laptops are not!

Dennis.

That doesn't answer the original question, .........."what is the best
chart?"

Dennis Pogson

Général Électrique wrote:
Hello

I want to buy a chartplotter but first what is the best chart?

What you tink?

Regards

Chartplotters are toys, laptops are not!

Dennis.

That doesn't answer the original question, .........."what is the best
chart?"

I think the Bluecharts have a slight advantage over C-map, and they can be
used on a PC in Mapsource. Not sure about C-map on a PC.
- - -
Satellite photocharts of the UK & Ireland
available, excellent detail and accurate
calibration using Oziexplorer.
Remove *nospam* to reply.

Knut Erik Lippert

Den Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:36:18 GMT, skrev "Dennis Pogson"
:

I want to buy a chartplotter but first what is the best chart?

Chartplotters are toys, laptops are not!

That doesn't answer the original question, .........."what is the best
chart?"

I think the Bluecharts have a slight advantage over C-map, and they can be
used on a PC in Mapsource. Not sure about C-map on a PC.

C-map can be used on PC.

And my Interphase V6i chartplotter is much more usefully on the helm
of my Bavaria 25 Sport at 25 knots than my Compaq

In choosing between C-map and Blue chart I think it comes down to what
system your favourite plotter can use and the usefulness of the area
the chart covers. They are both great chart systems.

--
Knut Erik Lippert http://knuterik.com/
Dette er mine meninger og må ikke tillegges min arbeidsgiver eller

Sitere riktig: http://home.online.no/~vidaandr/news/OBSquoting.html

John Proctor

On 2005-02-13 21:04:14 +1100, "Dennis Pogson"
said:

Général Électrique wrote:
Hello

I want to buy a chartplotter but first what is the best chart?

What you tink?

Regards

Chartplotters are toys, laptops are not!

Dennis.
- - -
Satellite photocharts of the UK & Ireland
available, excellent detail and accurate
calibration using Oziexplorer.
Remove *nospam* to reply.

Dennis,

I agree in all except one aspect. The displays on most laptops
relegates them to the nave table. They certainly are not daylight
viewable. That is one area where the purpose built chartplotter can
come out ahead. Also most laptops I know don't come close to an IP56
rating ;-)

BTW, got the CD TX

--
Regards,
John Proctor VK3JP, VKV6789

Dennis Pogson

On 2005-02-13 21:04:14 +1100, "Dennis Pogson"
said:

Général Électrique wrote:
[...]

John,

Agreed, the use of laptops in the cockpit is a no-no with the present screen
brightness/contrast. I have looked at the Garmin gpsmap 76cs, but it's price
in UK puts me off. Will have to get my brother in Canada to nip across the
border (he lives in Niagara) and get one from Wallmart or similar. See my
sig. below, these are mind-blowing! Cows and sheep from 200 miles up?
Impossible! Seriously, the contrast on the latest Mr Sid's is out of this
world!

- - -

New GPS Albert Porreca Electronics 45 September 24th 04 02:14 AM
FS: Blue Sea Systems electrical items for auction in eBay Peter Kennedy Marketplace 0 March 16th 04 08:28 PM
Garmin Blue Chart Cards Pre Programmed Brian Coffey General 0 February 25th 04 04:49 PM
Chart Table surface -- Solution! Steve Cruising 0 February 16th 04 02:22 AM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM