Larry W4CSC

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in
:

She made us jockey around for another 5 minutes
before finally opening the bridge.

Doug
s/v Callista

Ah, I see. The bridge tender there is under intense pressure by the SCDOT
to keep that bridge, the only very busy bridge to James Island and Folly
Beach, open to vehicle traffic. The other problem is that ziggy Wappoo Cut
makes just on the harbor side of the bridge towards inland. Watching a
long barge, or worse yet a tow involving long dredge pipes mounted on
floats with two tugs, one on either end, trying to jockey it through that
narrows is nerve wracking. I watched this happen from the public boat
landing dock on many occasions. The tug in front lines up the head end of
the pipes with the slot of the bridge, while the tug aft does a hard push
sideways as close to shore on the James Island side as he can get it so the
middle might not crash into the bridge. It was very poor planning on the
part of whoever dug the ditch to make that curve so close to the bridge.

Waitaminit! Callista is a SAILBOAT! Aren't you supposed to be at
SEA?!...(c; You took the wrong turn! The short cut is from Charleston to
Jacksonville, eliminating all these ICW problems!

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

Bruce in Alaska wrote in
:

Yes, I do mean "Bridge to Bridge" Radio traffic as in Bridge to Bridge
Act, which is now Subpart U of Part 90 47CFR.

Bruce in alaska

Now, if we could only get some ENFORCEMENT to run the MARINAS off the only
pleasure boat to pleasure boat channel.....(sigh)

Enforcement??? From the FCC??? Where have you been for the last 15
years? all the good guys have long since left, been laid off, or
retired. Well, maybe Johnnie Johnson, and that Lawyer Guy, are still
there, but most of the Enforcement Teams, don't exist anymore.

Bruce in alaska who used to be one of those guys.........
--
add a 2 before @