Mihow

Default Satellite email/phone for a trip Miami- St.Martin?

Satellite email/phone for a trip Miami- St.Martin?

I'm about to go on a trip on a 31ft sloop from Miami to St.Martin in
Caribbean and would like to remain connected with the world.. On previous
trips I have used SSB sailmail which worked quite well, but on this boat
there is no SSB radio nor time to get and install it.

Any suggestion on a place in Miami etc that will rent/help with a sat phone
for the period of the trip and hopefully provide email option without
breaking the bank? I'd like to return
this rental once I'll get there. Other options

Thanks for suggestions M

Geoff Schultz

As a point of news etiquette, it's much better to cross-post articles to
different news groups rather than making separate posts of the same article
to different news groups. This was a reader only sees the posts and
replies one time and the thread is coherent between the groups.

For example, you posted this same article in rec.boats.cruising and
separately in here. I replied in rec.boats.cruising and that reply won't
show up in here, and any replies in here won't show up there.

-- Geoff

"Mihow" wrote in

Satellite email/phone for a trip Miami- St.Martin?

I'm about to go on a trip on a 31ft sloop from Miami to St.Martin in
Caribbean and would like to remain connected with the world.. On
previous trips I have used SSB sailmail which worked quite well, but
on this boat there is no SSB radio nor time to get and install it.

Any suggestion on a place in Miami etc that will rent/help with a sat
phone for the period of the trip and hopefully provide email option
without breaking the bank? I'd like to return
this rental once I'll get there. Other options

Thanks for suggestions M

Len Krauss

You might wish to review rental options at the oufit below. Have read
favorable comment about them.

http://www.satellite-phone-rental.com/

From what limited input I've had, the voice service is more reliable than
email on sat phone. So if it's email that's your primary interest, seems
like SSB is better choice.