Len Krauss

Default Capn Sound Problem -- WinXP

Capn 6.1 alert and alarm sounds are enabled and work fine under WinME (on my
older PC) but there are no Capn sounds at all under WinXP (Home, SP1 and
SP2) on my notebook PC.. All the Capn sounds .wav files are in its
Chart_Sounds directory and each plays when icons are individually clicked on
the WinXP PC. But for some reason they don't play when the pertinent events
occur when Capn is running under WinXP. The WinXP system sounds work fine,
so this seems to be an application problem with Capn 6.1. Tried the latest
demo version of Capn (Mosaic) and the sounds worked just fine.

This is a repeat of a posting I made a couple months ago, in the hope that
someone might have found a fix. In a private email replying to my earlier
posting, one of the regulars on this newsgroup independently verified the
same problem with Capn 6.1, so I'm not alone in facing this issue.

Thanks,
Len

--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.

Capn Nav Software Sounds Problem Len Cruising 4 August 8th 04 02:54 AM
Capn Nav Software Sounds Problem Len Electronics 4 August 8th 04 02:54 AM
Loss pf Power problem with Yanmar Engine Jerry Poore Cruising 3 June 26th 04 05:02 PM
vhf problem Dave Skolnick Electronics 2 August 18th 03 07:52 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM