Jim Besse

Default Motorola Radius GM300 Marine Antenna

The local harbor master asked me to install a police radio into his
patrol vessel. The police department gave him a Motorola Radius
GM300 - model m44gmc29c5aa with no antenna. It is a 40 watt 16
channel unit with a frequency range of 465-495 MHz. I've not had any
success finding a marine quality antenna. Any suggestions for
manufacturers and suppliers? I was very surprised Shakespeare doesn't
offer anything in the UHF band.

--
Jim

NIFFOCBT

http://www.metzcommunication.com/uhf.htm

They have what you need.

Brian

Remove NOJUNK from Email for responses via email.
Bruce in Alaska

In article imKWc.51598$Fg5.29940@attbi_s53,
"Jim Besse" wrote:

The local harbor master asked me to install a police radio into his
patrol vessel. The police department gave him a Motorola Radius
GM300 - model m44gmc29c5aa with no antenna. It is a 40 watt 16
channel unit with a frequency range of 465-495 MHz. I've not had any
success finding a marine quality antenna. Any suggestions for
manufacturers and suppliers? I was very surprised Shakespeare doesn't
offer anything in the UHF band.

Call Morad Electronics in Seattle, Washington. They build VERY Rugged
VHF and UHF antennas specifically for the Maritime Radio Service.
We use them in the North Pacific fishing fleet almost exclusivly.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Jim Besse

Thanks to Bruce and Brian, I will check out both sources.

--
Jim

"Jim Besse" wrote:

The local harbor master asked me to install a police radio into

his
patrol vessel. The police department gave him a Motorola Radius
GM300 - model m44gmc29c5aa with no antenna. It is a 40 watt 16
channel unit with a frequency range of 465-495 MHz. I've not had

any
success finding a marine quality antenna. Any suggestions for
manufacturers and suppliers? I was very surprised Shakespeare

doesn't
offer anything in the UHF band.

Call Morad Electronics in Seattle, Washington. They build VERY

Rugged
VHF and UHF antennas specifically for the Maritime Radio Service.
We use them in the North Pacific fishing fleet almost exclusivly.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

SSB Antenna theory Gary Schafer Electronics 27 May 7th 04 04:35 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF Larry W4CSC Electronics 74 November 25th 03 03:45 AM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM