posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default NMEA0183 and Seatalk data logging

Hi all,
Some of you may be interested to know that we have a data logger for NMEA0183 and/or Raymarine's Seatalk data. This was produced as part of TeamSurv (www.teamsurv.com), a crowd sourcing project to produce better charts.
You can see details of the logger at http://www.teamsurv.eu/Info/Hardware...B/Default.aspx.
We also have a free software tool to turn the log files into CSV, so you can bring the data into a spreadhsset to process it yourself.
Tim Thornton

"Tim Thornton" wrote in message
Hi all,
Some of you may be interested to know that we have a data logger for

NMEA0183 and/or Raymarine's Seatalk data. This was produced as part of
TeamSurv (www.teamsurv.com), a crowd sourcing project to produce better
charts.
You can see details of the logger at

http://www.teamsurv.eu/Info/Hardware...B/Default.aspx.
We also have a free software tool to turn the log files into CSV, so you

can bring the data into a spreadhsset to process it yourself.
Tim Thornton

Mmmm.... CSV is an acronym for Comma Separated Values. So NMEA does not need
to be converted to CSV because it is already CSV. You could argue about the
necessity of qoutes around the fields but this is no standards. Reading a
bare-bones NMEA file into Excel works perfectly.

Meindert