posted to rec.boats.electronics
dcg dcg is offline

Default Garmin GXM 51

The Garmin GXM 51 is a satellite weather receiver that will interface
with Garmin 421. Does anyone have one of these? If so, how well does
it work? How big is the unit? How do you have it mounted?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
you you is offline

In article
,
dcg wrote:

The Garmin GXM 51 is a satellite weather receiver that will interface
with Garmin 421. Does anyone have one of these? If so, how well does
it work? How big is the unit? How do you have it mounted?

You would think that ANYONE who can do Newsgroups, would know how to
google that information... I mean Duh....
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 12:55:22 -0900, you wrote:

In article
,
dcg wrote:

The Garmin GXM 51 is a satellite weather receiver that will interface
with Garmin 421. Does anyone have one of these? If so, how well does
it work? How big is the unit? How do you have it mounted?

You would think that ANYONE who can do Newsgroups, would know how to
google that information... I mean Duh....

I don't know who "you" are but that seems to me like an uncalled for
response unless you are some sort of smart assed teenager trying to
show off.

This newsgroup is supposed to be about the open exchange of
information. If you don't have anything to say, it would be better if
you didn't say it here.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

dcg wrote:

The Garmin GXM 51 is a satellite weather receiver that will interface
with Garmin 421. Does anyone have one of these? If so, how well does
it work? How big is the unit? How do you have it mounted?

You would think that ANYONE who can do Newsgroups, would know how to
google that information... I mean Duh....

I don't know who "you" are but that seems to me like an uncalled for
response unless you are some sort of smart assed teenager trying to
show off.

This newsgroup is supposed to be about the open exchange of
information. If you don't have anything to say, it would be better if
you didn't say it here.

Well, the GXM 51 is a small dome, referred to as the Garmin GXM 51
Weather and Audio XM Satellite Receiver in the manual is a the usual
plastic dome that can be either flush mounted or pole (1" diameter)
mounted. The instructions warn that the antenna should be positioned
at least 1 M away from, and preferable above, any radar or VHF
antenna. The various mounting bases appear to be priced at about $9.00
each but one illustration shows all three mounts along with the cables
as though they all come as a set. The "antenna" is about 3" - 4" in
diameter - it looks approximately the size of a Garmin GPS antenna;
perhaps a little larger.

Cheers,

Bruce

Garmin DK General 6 July 31st 08 05:52 PM
What do we do about Garmin..... [email protected] General 19 September 8th 07 12:35 AM
Garmin 75 Mike Carter Electronics 0 February 12th 06 11:42 AM
Which Garmin??? William Birkett Electronics 1 August 26th 03 12:11 AM
FS Garmin 45 in VA JAXAshby Marketplace 0 July 7th 03 06:01 PM