Junior Member

Default Autohelm ST50 change to ST70 ??

I have on flybridge panel 2 pcs ST50 displays (Speed and Depth) and ST7000 autopilot. The old ST50 units starts to have some moisture problems and I would like to replace them with one new ST70 multidata display. I have understood, that even the 1998 yearmodel Autohelm ST50 units are using SeaTalk bus communication and the new ST70 units should communicate with Ray's new SeaTalk-ng but also with old SeaTalk protocol and also there are available SeaTalk-SeaTalk-ng convertors. So my question is, if it should be possible to use the old sensor and bus cable and just plug the old SeaTalk to ST-STng convertor and then with ST-STng connection cable from the convertor to one ST70 display? Which then should show me both depth and speed data!?? Has anyone tried to do this?

Autohelm ST50 Navcentre LenB Electronics 0 May 29th 10 05:42 AM
Autohelm ST50 Navcenter replacement? John Kennedy Electronics 1 March 6th 05 08:28 AM
Autohelm ST50 plus g Cruising 7 July 14th 04 02:40 AM
Autohelm ST50 Pluse HELP g Electronics 1 June 20th 04 03:05 PM
Autohelm ST50 plus g Boat Building 3 June 20th 04 02:01 PM