posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Interface Problem betwen Raymarine MFD E120 and ST70 instruments.

Interface problem between Raymarine MFD E120 and ST70 instruments.

On a brand new 45ft sailboat we have the following Raymarine
configuration: E120 + Navionics Gold + E80 + DSM300 + GPS + SPX30
Autopilot + Radar + 3x ST70 + Wind Sensor/Pad + 3x Cameras + 1x CSB200
AIS B.

The interface between all these equipments: E120, E80, GPS, Navionics
Gold Charts, DSM300 fish finder, Autopilot, Radar, and AIS is working
OK.

The interface between E120 and the ST70 is not working, that is: the
E120 does not receive any information from the ST70 and the ST70 do
not receive any information from the E120.

We want that the E120/E80 could display the Wind information from the
ST70 and that the ST70 could display SOG from GPS and Depth from
DSM300.

Other Details:

a) The ST70 Autopilot Controller of SPX30 show Wind information from
the ST70 Wind Instrument and the SPX30 is working OK in Wind Vane
Mode
b) The E120/E80 are both in the latest Software version 5.5.2 and the
DSM300 is at the latest level 4.1.1/5.18. (We have made both updates
here last week)
c) The E120 can control the SPX30 and the SPX30 works OK in Track Mode
using wpts and routes from E120.
d) The E120 do not show Wind info from ST70.
e) The ST70 do not shows any information from E120.

Questions:

1.Initially We have think that the interface between E120 (Seatalk HS)
and ST70 (Seatalk NG) could be made using the link with the ST70
Control Head from the Autopilot SPX30, that is: ST70 ==SPX30==E120,
but this is not working. What could be wrong with our configuration?

2) Another idea is to link E120 with the ST70 directly using a proper
Cable (Part Number A06061) connected in the SeaTalk2 (Work as a
Seatalk NG?) plug of the E120 and in any ST70 Display. This is true?

Thanks Very Much

Pascal