Ric

Default RADAR CHOICE - JRC 1000/1500, Furuno 1623, Raymarine SL72

If you have a Raymarine chartplotter, get the Raymarine radar too - they
connect better, knobology etc is the same.

If you don't, get a Furuno. They are more reliable and robust from most
reports I read. Also choice of fishermen - so probably good.

I have a Raymarine chartplotter and got a Furuno radar. It has been great,
but wish I had gone for Raymarine for the reasons I mention....

John Smith

I have a JRC 1000 radar which came with the boat. have only used it once
when bringing the boat back to its new home. seemed noisy and the display
'fogged up'. Boat has now been out of the water for 3 years for major
renovations ut will probably not have that radar when finally completed. ( I
did what I always said I would not do. I bought a second hand wooden boat)
34' ex cornish fishing boat.
regards
Peter
"Richard Lane" wrote in message
I have had a JRC 1500 in the PNW for 3 yrs and the only problem I have
had is persistent fogging of the LCD display, returned unit within
warranty and replacement fogged.
Dick

Dave wrote:
I have a web site which provides reports from users
http://fishing_boats.tripod.com/
This has only one report so far on radars the JRC1500

Have a look to see what the user says

Dave

"Rob" wrote in message
om...

Hi,

I'm looking for a small radar for my replica 22m dutch barge. It will
be mainly used on inland waterways in Europe and coastal waters -
Baltic, Agean, Med etc plus Channel crossings. Narrowed choice of
small radars down to the above listed - would appreciate comments and
experience.

TVMIA

Rob

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll go for the Furuno 1623 -
seems to be good middle of the range device.
Paul

I am also happy with my Raymarine setup: a RL70CRC @ the navstation, and a
RL80CRC @ the helm (these units networked together, sharing a 4KW radome
mounted on the mast). I, too, was disappointed with the dimmest backlight
setting, until I discovered the "night" mode. This uses a dimmer / redder
color palette, and it is well suited for night use. The day/night mode is
selected through the main menu.

Regards,
Paul -- s/v VALIS

"Rodney Myrvaagnes" wrote in message
I am happy with the Raymarine after 2 and a half seasons. I had no
complaints with the previous Furuno 1720, but that was a much older
technology. I chose the Raymarine on the basis of Practical Sailor
comparisons.

My one criticism is that the screen backlight should go dimmer than it
does for its last step above off.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:29:00 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

I am also happy with my Raymarine setup: a RL70CRC @ the navstation, and a
RL80CRC @ the helm (these units networked together, sharing a 4KW radome
mounted on the mast). I, too, was disappointed with the dimmest backlight
setting, until I discovered the "night" mode. This uses a dimmer / redder
color palette, and it is well suited for night use. The day/night mode is
selected through the main menu.

Since mine is a monochrome, night mode just reverses light and dark
areas. You have a good solution for color.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

"That idiot Leibniz, who wants to teach me about the infinitesimally small! Has he therefore forgotten that I am the wife of Frederick I? How can he imagine that I am unacquainted with my own husband?"

Furuno 1721 MKII Compass input?? (long) Steve Electronics 3 January 13th 04 02:50 AM
Furuno Radar Daniel Electronics 1 November 3rd 03 05:11 PM
Lowrance Global Map 1000 and Furuno 1621 radar Diver1055 Electronics 3 October 10th 03 08:02 PM
DAMMIT ICOM WHY SO CHEAP?!! Larry Electronics 23 September 14th 03 11:42 PM
JRC 1000/1500 MKII Radar? Electronics 1 August 13th 03 10:52 PM