Larry W4CSC

Default Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!!

One of my WalMart tires had another nail in it so I made the mistake
of returning it under my road hazard warranty for another free,
no-hassle replacement at WalMart, today. It cost me over $100 to
replace the tire which cost me $0.00 labor and tire. WalMart is slick
marketing. You can't help but look around while waiting....(c;

WalMart is handling a new line of Vector switching,
microprocessor-controlled "Smart" battery chargers. I had to buy the
biggest one, of course. It's a manly charger...(c; AR! AR!

The model is VEC1093A.
http://www.battery-rechargeable-char...y-charger.html
WalMart has it discounted to $89 and change from its $110 retail.
Walmart also makes refunds and returns just too easy, any port in the
country.

This charger uses a 100A switching power supply controlled by a
job-specific microprocessor. Click on the downloadable owner's manual
on the page to see how it works. It will charge a wide variety of
batteries from 2, 10, 20 and 40 amps and provide 100A of starting
current to get an engine moving WHEN THE COMPUTER SAYS YOU CAN.

Here in the shop, tonight, it's in its desufinating mode pulsing and
discharging my deep cycle trollilng motor battery for the free dingy's
auxiliary thruster. This mode is supposed to clean off and recover
the surface lead sulphate that didn't get recovered during the regular
charge cycle.

The charger is VERY light, being a switcher, not an analog with a huge
transformer. It doesn't have any transformer at all, at least not a
clunky 60Hz one. It has the SAME 3-stage constant current, then
tapering current constant voltage, then floating voltage technology
your favorite Waste Marine store wants $800 for with the yacht club
flag sticker on it. I think this thing has better metering at $89.
You can buy a SEPARATE charger for EACH battery bank at this price!

Its only drawback as a "boat charger" I see is it shuts off after the
charging cycle is complete, going to sleep until you press the button
again. But, for $720, I could click that ON button a LOT of times on
THIS 40 amp fancy house battery charger, couldn't you?

Go take a look. Cool technology at a VERY reasonable price.....

I should have stayed out in the cold rain behind the tire shop....(c;

http://www.battery-rechargeable-char...y-charger.html

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!
Harry Krause

Larry W4CSC wrote:

One of my WalMart tires had another nail in it so I made the mistake
of returning it under my road hazard warranty for another free,
no-hassle replacement at WalMart, today. It cost me over $100 to
replace the tire which cost me $0.00 labor and tire. WalMart is slick
marketing. You can't help but look around while waiting....(c;

WalMart is handling a new line of Vector switching,
microprocessor-controlled "Smart" battery chargers. I had to buy the
biggest one, of course. It's a manly charger...(c; AR! AR!

It just figures that you would be a big fan of Wal-Mart, the rogue
emplouer, predatory retailer and largest U.S. purveyor of goods made by
exploited workers in the communist People's Republic of China.

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!

Perhaps those people who think that a military invasion of another
country to steal its assets is immoral? But, then, what would you know
about that kind of morality?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Ken Heaton

Default OT Hijacking a discussion, was Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!!

Comments below:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Larry W4CSC wrote:

[...]

This must be a record for haw fast you can take a thread off topic. Isn't
it customary to put OT in the header (as a courtesy) if you're going to do
this?
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

Christopher Robin

Harry Krause wrote in message ...

It just figures that you would be a big fan of Wal-Mart, the rogue
emplouer, predatory retailer and largest U.S. purveyor of goods made by
exploited workers in the communist People's Republic of China.

Perhaps those people who think that a military invasion of another
country to steal its assets is immoral? But, then, what would you know
about that kind of morality?

It's not working, Hairball. You're a lousy troll and a has-been.
Charles

Harry Krause wrote:

It just figures that you would be a big fan of Wal-Mart, the rogue
emplouer, predatory retailer and largest U.S. purveyor of goods made by
exploited workers in the communist People's Republic of China.

For a moment, let's go with your rant and pretend it's true.

Tell us then, is what Walmart does any different than the theft going on
at Ullico?

Perhaps those people who think that a military invasion of another
country to steal its assets is immoral? But, then, what would you know
about that kind of morality?

Yes, let's talk about morality, something you know little about
personally. Let's talk about Ullico, and stealing and fraud:

-----------------------
For media inquiries, please contact the individual listed below:
Harry Krause
ULLICO Inc.
(202) 682-7957

Union Pension-Owned Company Set to Lose $20-$30 Million

Its stock windfall from the bankrupt Global Crossing now gone, Georgine,
former head of the AFL-CIO's Bldg. & Construction Trades Dept., blamed
chief financial officer John Grelle for the losses. Days later, Grelle
resigned in protest, blasting Georgine for not selling the company jet,
which costs $3 million a year. There was no indication if Grelle also
called on Georgine and other union boss directors of Ullico to return
the more than $6 million they made in inside deals of Ullico stock in
2000 and 2001. In the late 90s, Ullico was able to buy Global Crossing
stock at its initial public offering (IPO) price. By 1999, a $7.6
million investment had mushroomed to $335 million. After pricing its own
stock at a set $25 per share, Ullico directors changed the rules,
setting a new price at the beginning of each year.

Global Crossing spiraled toward bankruptcy, and Ullico's stock took a
tumble, the Ullico directors who had bought their stock at $54 a share
were given two opportunities to sell it back, the first time for $146 a
share, the second time for $75. As Georgine and the other Ullico
officials made $6.7 million in profits, the union pension funds that own
Ullico could not take advantage of the same deal.

[New York Times 3/28/03]
-----------------------

Oh, right, I forgot. This Ullico fraud is something you will not talk
about. You just want to talk about others and not about your own
involvement in immoral acts.

One has to shake ones head about someone who has taken a sanctimonous
attitude about workers rights, fairness, and compensation, and then is
involved with a company who is stealing from those very workers. Such is
democratic liberalism: watch my mouth not my hand.

-- Charlie

JimL

I Looked at the owners manual from their website. Looking at the
Performance Features, it's very impressive. Especially the
Recondition mode. Got an old battery to test that feature?

Don't forget to send that warranty card in! I noticed that it
has a five year warranty *IF* you send in the warranty card within
10 days of purchase.

-JimL

Larry W4CSC wrote:
[...]

Backyard Renegade

Larry W4CSC wrote:

[...]

Your trolling is not working anymore, this must be very upsetting to
you. Why bother addressing your posts, they are not based on fact and
you have freely admitted you are only here to shill for the party, and
screw with us?
Later troll...
Gary Schafer

That looks like a pretty nice battery charger! However it is not very
detailed as to what the three stages really are. They seem to indicate
that the last stage is a float mode but the unit turns off soon after
entering that third stage. If it was really a float mode I would think
that they would keep it on.

Now, you have to buy the "battery life saver". This thing looks like
some new magic that is akin to the magnetic fuel conditioning device.

Regards
Gary

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 05:50:12 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

[...]

Doug Kanter

"Charles" wrote in message

Yes, let's talk about morality, something you know little about
personally. Let's talk about Ullico, and stealing and fraud:

How was Harry involved with the Ullico saga?

Charles

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message

Yes, let's talk about morality, something you know little about
personally. Let's talk about Ullico, and stealing and fraud:

How was Harry involved with the Ullico saga?

Ha ha ha ha ha. Good one Douglas.

-- Charlie