Courtney Thomas,,,

Default recommendation for grounding fiberglass sailboat w/aluminum mast?

I've read all sorts of conflicting advice on this matter.

Is there a latest/final answer for an SSB equipped vessel ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney

Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
"Courtney Thomas,,," wrote:

I've read all sorts of conflicting advice on this matter.

Is there a latest/final answer for an SSB equipped vessel ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney

You have the worst situation for MF and HF Radio installations that can
be imagined. Plastic Hull and no ground. Do a Google Search on Radio
Ground in this NewsGroup, and you will get all the relevent information.
Or just hire the best Marine Radio Tech in the area and see what he says.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Doug Dotson

No. There is no final answer because of the variations in boats and
installations. I have had very good luck just grounding to a thru-hull and
nothing else. Other boats have had less than satisfactory result with
the same technique (or at least won't admit it . Start out simple and
just connect the ground using foil to a thru-hull. If that doesn't work well
then start connecting more thru-hulls, the engine, the keel, etc. If that
doesn't work well enough then start stringing out foil in the bilge, etc.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista