RoyB

Default Raymarine ST40 wind calibration

The St40 wind manual has a flow chart for user calibration.
It isn't at all obvious to me what the outcome of the "Align
Transducer" step is.

I'm hoping that someone out there has successfully aligned their ST40
or perhaps a benevolent Raymarine tech can advise.

I understand that the intent is to align the masthead sensor to the
boat, I just don't understand what reading I am meant to see on the
display after pushing buttons in some non-obvious way.

THanks in advance

Roy in Australia
Peter Bennett

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:40:49 GMT, RoyB wrote:

The St40 wind manual has a flow chart for user calibration.
It isn't at all obvious to me what the outcome of the "Align
Transducer" step is.

I'm hoping that someone out there has successfully aligned their ST40
or perhaps a benevolent Raymarine tech can advise.

I understand that the intent is to align the masthead sensor to the
boat, I just don't understand what reading I am meant to see on the
display after pushing buttons in some non-obvious way.

I had an ST30 wind instrument - the "align sensor" adjustment adjusts
the display so it shows the actual (apparent) wind direction. Easiest
adjustment technique is to motor head-to-wind, and adjust the
alignment so the display points straight up.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
RoyB

Thanks Pete, I'll try that

Roy

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:40:34 -0800, Peter Bennett
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:40:49 GMT, RoyB wrote:

The St40 wind manual has a flow chart for user calibration.
It isn't at all obvious to me what the outcome of the "Align
Transducer" step is.

I'm hoping that someone out there has successfully aligned their ST40
or perhaps a benevolent Raymarine tech can advise.

I understand that the intent is to align the masthead sensor to the
boat, I just don't understand what reading I am meant to see on the
display after pushing buttons in some non-obvious way.

I had an ST30 wind instrument - the "align sensor" adjustment adjusts
the display so it shows the actual (apparent) wind direction. Easiest
adjustment technique is to motor head-to-wind, and adjust the
alignment so the display points straight up.

hybrid yatch [email protected] General 62 January 30th 04 11:10 PM
Raymarine A/P and Seatalk Failire Glenn Ashmore Electronics 7 September 16th 03 03:11 PM
Raymarine vs. Navman Spd., Dpth, Wind Package drewr3737atnowhere Electronics 3 September 16th 03 02:23 AM
Wind or magnetism? Paul General 3 August 14th 03 03:31 PM
Wind generator questions Questions Cruising 1 July 29th 03 07:14 PM