Larry

Default 12V IR Detectors?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:29:21 GMT, padeen wrote:

Anyone found a source for 12 volt IR detectors?

Pretty sure you can buy them from Eastern Distributors since you're an
electrician. They're available from all the alarm wholesalers - Ademco,
Tri-State, etc. - but they might not be willing to sell to you without a
bunch of rigamarole.
--

Larry
email is rapp at lmr dot com
Marcus AAkesson

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:31:03 GMT, "padeen"
wrote:

Marcus, are you capable of understanding that your post reveals our combined
ignorance? I'm an electrician who's been installing 120V IR sensors for
many years, but haven't had any alarm experience. You, on the other hand,
see the world from the 12V side. Shall we both broaden our knowledge?

No offense meant!

I'm very well aware of all the AC (here 230V) IR sensors around, but
as the subject of the main thread was "Burglar alarms", the field of
application was pretty much given.

Since a fundamental requirement of alarm systems is to run on backup
power, everything is DC (usually 12V), just like in a boat (how
convenient) !

I have a boat alarm based on switches and an IR sensor and haven't had
any problems with false alarms. There are many nice products in the
market, and the latest offer positioning, alarm and remote control by
GSM/SMS. You can check the wind conditions from work, and then decide
to go out or not. Nice.

http://www.seakey.com/indexe.htm

http://www.boatgard.com/en/index.htm

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson
Gothenburg Callsigns: SM6XFN & SB4779

Burglar alarms John Smith Cruising 20 December 12th 03 11:21 PM
Burglar-intrusion alarms for boats Panama Boat Building 9 November 19th 03 08:58 PM
Fuel Vapor Detector false alarms?? Steve Electronics 8 October 21st 03 01:49 AM