Meindert Sprang

Default 12V IR Detectors?

"padeen" wrote in message
Marcus, are you capable of understanding that your post reveals our

combined
ignorance? I'm an electrician who's been installing 120V IR sensors for
many years, but haven't had any alarm experience. You, on the other hand,
see the world from the 12V side. Shall we both broaden our knowledge?

Well, I think Marcus is right. I think it would be fair to say that ALL IR
sensors for alarm applications are 12V, since it doesn't make sense to run
an alarm sensor at 120V when it will be connected to an alarm system that
works on low voltage. I think the 120V or 240V types you refer to are the
ones used to control a light. And you don't want to use these for an alarm
system because they react on anything. The alarm types are better in
discriminating between events that are important (moving people) and not
important (moving small animals for instance).

Meindert