Mark Reichow

Default 12 volt laptop

Yeah, if I had no HF radio I'd probably just use my little 140 watt
inverter or the ship' 1500 watt. These make no noise on VHF.
However, you want to run a computer for many hours a day, a 2000 watt
inverter is certainly overkill and will take much more from your house
batteries than is necessary to operate a laptop. The little power
booster is both silent AND efficient.
Eric

I run a Dell Latitude off an auto/air adapter made by Lind Electronics
- works great. No need for an inverter. See:
http://www.lindelectronics.com/ they make them for a large number of
laptops.

Eric

Rodney Myrvaagnes wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:36:03 +1300, "Bob Owen"
wrote:

Does any know which laptops run off 12 volt and therefore do not need an
inverter I think the old Toshiba one did
Cheers Bob

I have never had trouble getting a 12-V charger for any laptop. I have
used NEC, IBM, and Toshiba.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Wanting to meet a writer because you like his work is like wanting to meet a duck because you like pate."
Margaret Atwood