Larry W4CSC

Default Wireless 802.11 NMEA server

Is it just me or is rec.boats.electronics becoming a playground for
the SPAMMERS?

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:29:33 +0100, "Meindert Sprang"
wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
m...
I just want to say a big thanks to everyone on this group who
responded to my post last year regarding a wireless NMEA navigation
server. Based on your ideas and suggestions we've turned it into a
real product and are currently beta testing it with a number of boats:

http://www.marinewireless.us

Nice piece of marketing. Take an off-the-shelf product (Soekris Engineering
net4521 , ~ $200 including case), put your own label on it, load it with
linux and sell it for 4 times the price of the off-the-shelf product...

Pity though that this NMEA navigation server has no real NMEA
inputs/outputs. :-)

Meindert

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

Meindert Sprang

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Is it just me or is rec.boats.electronics becoming a playground for
the SPAMMERS?

Who gave you that idea?? :-))

Meindert