Wayne.B

Default PCMCIA to USB?

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:38:11 GMT, Dick Locke
wrote:
I keep hearing stories about the $400 used laptop but haven't found
those yet.

=====================================

http://www.notebookmall.com/

http://www.usedlaptopcomputers.com/u...computers.html

http://www.discountlaptops.com/index... ow_prices=cc

http://www.usanotebook.com/ntb.php?id=174

http://www.usanotebook.com/search.php

http://www.laptopkings.com/main.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=used+...8&start=0&sa=N

Dick Locke

wrote:
I keep hearing stories about the $400 used laptop but haven't found
those yet.

=====================================

http://www.notebookmall.com/

http://www.usedlaptopcomputers.com/u...computers.html

http://www.discountlaptops.com/index... ow_prices=cc

http://www.usanotebook.com/ntb.php?id=174

http://www.usanotebook.com/search.php

http://www.laptopkings.com/main.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=used+...8&start=0&sa=N

Thanks. I must have been fixated on ebay...

Mad Dog

That is not going to work for you, that is simply a usb cable with a pcmia
card for linking a desktop with a laptop that does'nt have a usb port.
Use a laptop with a pcmia slot or find a way to replace the card with a usb
termination.
Maybe you could splice a short length of usb cable after you cut off the
pcmia card.........
i dont advise this but it's a thought.
--
Mad Dog

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
I've been trying to figure out whether to get the Dell SX270 desktop
and one of the last issues I have is that the boat has a weather
satellite receiver from Ocens that terminites in a PCMCIA card. The
Dell has no expansion slots but I did find a PCMCIA female to USB male
adapter: http://www1.dealtime.com/xPF-CMS_U_PCMCIA

Does anyone have experience pro or con or knowledge as to why this
might or might not work?

The Dell size is unbeatable but I want to be sure I can use it before
I buy.