Mad Dog

Default PCMCIA to USB?

That is not going to work for you, that is simply a usb cable with a pcmia
card for linking a desktop with a laptop that does'nt have a usb port.
Use a laptop with a pcmia slot or find a way to replace the card with a usb
termination.
Maybe you could splice a short length of usb cable after you cut off the
pcmia card.........
i dont advise this but it's a thought.
--
Mad Dog

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
I've been trying to figure out whether to get the Dell SX270 desktop
and one of the last issues I have is that the boat has a weather
satellite receiver from Ocens that terminites in a PCMCIA card. The
Dell has no expansion slots but I did find a PCMCIA female to USB male
adapter: http://www1.dealtime.com/xPF-CMS_U_PCMCIA

Does anyone have experience pro or con or knowledge as to why this
might or might not work?

The Dell size is unbeatable but I want to be sure I can use it before
I buy.